The Vehicle Maintenance Department helps ensure all services requested receive the highest level of attention we can provide. Customer service and satisfaction is our first priority for our City employees and their equipment. Vehicle maintenance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and as needed during nights, weekends and emergencies. We strive to provide the highest quality service while ensuring safety and reliability.
Vehicle Maintenance also handles the City's fuel storage, distribution, and reporting system.
The Vehicle Maintenance Department's goal is to maintain a safe, effective and efficient fleet of vehicles and equipment which is used to provide services to the citizens of the City of Goodlettsville.
- Routine maintenance and service (minor damage repair, brakes, engine, oil changes, etc.) on City-owned vehicles and heavy equipment, which allows for reduced expenses and longer life cycles for equipment.
- Perform unscheduled repairs and diagnostics on all City-owned vehicles.
- Writes vehicle specifications for all City vehicle and heavy equipment bid solicitations.
- Purchases fuel for entire City fleet.
- Ready new vehicles and equipment for service and removes from service all vehicles and equipment being replaced and scheduled for auction.