Fire Department History
The Goodlettsville Fire Department was established as a volunteer fire department by the Goodlettsville Men's Club in 1944. In 1953, the Men's Club contracted with Montague-Madison Fire Department to provide fire service, and the Men's Club volunteers worked with them. In 1959, Jack Hunnicut was named the first full-time fire chief. In 1978, Goodlettsville hired the first full-time firefighter. Photo of Fire Department
After several moves of the fire hall, it was relocated at 117 Memorial
Dr., where it remained until June 1997. Goodlettsville Fire Department
now operates a state-of-the-art 22,000 sq. ft. facility, which serves as
housing for firefighters on duty and administrative offices. Also on
the grounds is a 2,500 sq. ft. in-house equipment maintenance building.
This facility is known as the largest in the Southeast.